Soulthriller
post Mar 5 2012, 09:33 PM
Post #501

Satcitananda
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Life Goal: Transform Everything

"When you plant lettuce, if it does not grow well, you don't blame the lettuce. You look for reasons it is not doing well. It may need fertilizer, or more water, or less sun. You never blame the lettuce. Yet if we have problems with our friends or family, we blame the other person. But if we know how to take care of them, they will grow well, like the lettuce. Blaming has no positive effect at all, nor does trying to persuade using reason and argument. That is my experience. No blame, no reasoning, no argument, just understanding. If you understand, and you show that you understand, you can love, and the situation will change" - Thich Nhat Hanh

--------------------
Life is not a problem to be solved but a mystery to be experienced.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Soulthriller
post May 21 2012, 07:33 PM
Post #502

Satcitananda
Group Icon

“Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.” – Aristotle

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soulthriller
post May 29 2012, 08:44 PM
Post #503

Satcitananda
Group Icon

“Why didn’t I learn to treat everything like it was the last time? My greatest regret was how much I believed in the future.” - Jonathan Safran Foer

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soulthriller
post May 30 2012, 06:02 PM
Post #504

Satcitananda
Group Icon

All know the way; few actually walk it. -Bodhidharma

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. -Wayne Dyer

We are disturbed not by what happens to us, but by our thoughts about what happens. -Epictetus

The love that you withhold is the pain that you carry. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soulthriller
post Jun 6 2012, 01:54 PM
Post #505

Satcitananda
Group Icon

Whatever else may be said about LSD, mescaline, psilocybin, and other related chemicals (including the miler marijuana), their use tends to break down social and intellectual conditioning and to raise in the user both a feeling of having new insights and a sense of the inadequacy of the old order. The fact that they are illegal to possess or to use creates a communal bond among those willing to take risks for the exploration of consciousness. -excerpt from The 60s Communes by Timothy Miller

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soulthriller
post Jul 8 2012, 07:56 PM
Post #506

Satcitananda
Group Icon

Sometimes there will be people who don't like you or what you do as you evolve, & they insult you... SO WHAT? These are the same people who see something in you, that they despise in themselves, their own sense of 'worthlessness' has prompted them to use your heart as a sounding board to reflect their inner ugliness. Listening to them would be like hitting yourself in the face repeatedly. Who & what you are isn't determined by condescending voices, as an aspect of the Universe you are a part of the same-self seated in every heart. So RISE BABY, & shake off the past. Now is the time for total self-integration, just be YOU fully no matter what anyone else says ...

-Baraka Kanaan

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soulthriller
post Jul 10 2012, 08:28 PM
Post #507

Satcitananda
Group Icon

"Intimacy is a path of spiritual evolution. It is through love and the expression of sensuality that connects us to divinity. Our lovers act as mirrors to reveal both our light and our shadow. In their eyes we can find the places within where we still need to grow and affirm how amazing we truly are."

~ Scarlet Amor

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soulthriller
post Jul 10 2012, 08:43 PM
Post #508

Satcitananda
Group Icon

We become like the people we associate with most, so I surround myself only with those who help me kindle my soul fire, not dampen it.

~ Shakaya Leone

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soulthriller
post Jul 22 2012, 11:32 PM
Post #509

Satcitananda
Group Icon

Pay attention to whom you share your intimate energy with. Intimacy at this level intertwines your aural energy with the aural energy of the other person. These powerful connections, regardless of how insignificant you think they are, leave spiritual debris, particularly within people who do not practice any type of cleansing, physical, emotional or otherwise.

I always say, never sleep with someone you wouldn’t want to be.

༺♥༻ Lisa Chase Patterson ╰დ╮❤╭დ╯

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soulthriller
post Aug 1 2012, 07:28 PM
Post #510

Satcitananda
Group Icon

One who aims only at his own individual peace and happiness adopts the lower path (Hinayana), but he who devotes the merits of his love and compassion to the cause of others belongs to the higher path (Mahayana). -Milarepa

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soulthriller
post Aug 16 2012, 07:39 PM
Post #511

Satcitananda
Group Icon

When you find yourself, who you really are, you will find that everybody and everything is One.
-Swami Amar Jyoti

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soulthriller
post Aug 19 2012, 09:57 PM
Post #512

Satcitananda
Group Icon

Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water.
Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it
becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot
it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend

Bruce Lee

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soulthriller
post Sep 18 2012, 01:19 PM
Post #513

Satcitananda
Group Icon

Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love -- Rumi

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soulthriller
post Sep 18 2012, 05:45 PM
Post #514

Satcitananda
Group Icon

I find that somehow, by shifting the focus of attention, I become the very thing I look at, and experience the kind of consciousness it has; I become the inner witness of the thing. I call this capacity of entering other focal points of consciousness, love; you may give it any name you like. Love says “I am everything”. Wisdom says “I am nothing”. Between the two, my life flows. Since at any point of time and space I can be both the subject and the object of experience, I express it by saying that I am both, and neither, and beyond both.— Nisargadatta Maharaj

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soulthriller
post Sep 18 2012, 05:47 PM
Post #515

Satcitananda
Group Icon

The present moment dies every moment to become the past, is reborn every moment into the future. All experience is now. Now never ends.— Deepak Chopra

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soulthriller
post Sep 22 2012, 05:31 AM
Post #516

Satcitananda
Group Icon

Drop the idea of becoming someone, because you already are a masterpiece. You cannot be improved. You have only to come to it, to know it, to realize it. - Osho

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soulthriller
post Sep 24 2012, 09:57 AM
Post #517

Satcitananda
Group Icon

America is the wealthiest nation on Earth, but its people are mainly poor, and poor Americans are urged to hate themselves. To quote the American humorist Kin Hubbard, “It ain’t no disgrace to be poor, but it might as well be.” It is in fact a crime for an American to be poor, even though America is a nation of poor. Every other nation has folk traditions of men who were poor but extremely wise and virtuous, and therefore more estimable than anyone with power and gold. No such tales are told by the American poor. They mock themselves and glorify their betters. The meanest eating or drinking establishment, owned by a man who is himself poor, is very likely to have a sign on its wall asking this cruel question: “if you’re so smart, why ain’t you rich?” There will also be an American flag no larger than a child’s hand – glued to a lollipop stick and flying from the cash register.

Americans, like human beings everywhere, believe many things that are obviously untrue. Their most destructive untruth is that it is very easy for any American to make money. They will not acknowledge how in fact hard money is to come by, and, therefore, those who have no money blame and blame and blame themselves. This inward blame has been a treasure for the rich and powerful, who have had to do less for their poor, publicly and privately, than any other ruling class since, say Napoleonic times. Many novelties have come from America. The most startling of these, a thing without precedent, is a mass of undignified poor. They do not love one another because they do not love themselves.

Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soulthriller
post Sep 28 2012, 02:51 PM
Post #518

Satcitananda
Group Icon

The greatest gift you can give to somebody is your own personal development. I used to say, “If you will take care of me, I will take care of you.” Now I say, “I will take care of me for you if you will take care of you for me.” Jim Rohn

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soulthriller
post Sep 29 2012, 08:32 AM
Post #519

Satcitananda
Group Icon

"The world has enough for everyone's needs, but not for everyone's greed." -Gandhi

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soulthriller
post Oct 1 2012, 04:41 PM
Post #520

Satcitananda
Group Icon

Max Planck, the first physicist to discern the quantized nature of the apparently physical world, was lead by the implications of his studies to state, "I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness"

In an article on quantum mechanics appearing in Scientific American, French physicist Bernard d'Espagnat summarized the field by stating, “The doctrine that the world is made up of objects whose existence is independent of human consciousness turns out to be in conflict with quantum mechanics and with the facts established by experiment”

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soulthriller
post Oct 9 2012, 10:52 PM
Post #521

Satcitananda
Group Icon

No one is a supreme authority. People seek leaders, priests, gurus, and hermits thinking that someone has a precise formula for living correctly. No one does. No one can know you as well as you can know yourself. All that you can gain from a wise person is the assurance of some initial guidance. You may even spend decades studying under such an extraordinary person, but you should never surrender your dignity, independence, and personality.

There is no single way to do things in life. There are valid paths, even though they may differ from the ways of respected elders. Diversity is good for tradition. Too often, elders confuse dissent with disloyalty and punish people for the crime of having a different view. They are no longer in touch with Tao but instead mouth self-serving convention. Perhaps the panic of their own impending death makes them clutch. When the leaders become repressive, it is a sign that their time is drawing
to a close.

A saying about old masters was that they were like steel wrapped in cotton: They appeared soft on the outside but still held great power on the inside. We all hope for elders like that. But oftentimes, the old masters have lost their mandate of Tao. Then, when tested, they are merely brittle bone and fat. How can we respect such people?

"365 Tao: Daily Meditations" (May 20, Northern Hemisphere)
-Deng Ming-Dao

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soulthriller
post Nov 4 2012, 12:09 PM
Post #522

Satcitananda
Group Icon

during the night as you slumber
I seep into your dreams
a flickering firefly of luminescent love
sparkling neon kisses
cascading
exploding
all over your blessed body
stroking you here
kissing you there
diving deep into your star-filled eyes
riding the waves of your trembling sighs
resplendent golden eagle am I
shimmering
tingling
melting
into the iridescent afterglow of our sacred passion

-Sri Gawn Tu Fahr

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soulthriller
post Nov 27 2012, 12:48 AM
Post #523

Satcitananda
Group Icon

"The present moment is filled with joy and happiness. If you are attentive, you will see it.”
Thich Nhat Hanh

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soulthriller
post Dec 14 2012, 08:04 PM
Post #524

Satcitananda
Group Icon

"People are so alienated from their own soul that when they meet their soul through ayahuasca they think it came from another star system.” ~ Terence McKenna

"Dismiss ideologies. Be open to direct experience." ~ T. McKenna

“The cost of sanity in this society, is a certain level of alienation” ~ T McKenna

"“Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience (ayahuasca) that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego.”~ Terence McKenna

"Culture is a collective hallucination. It’s infantile. It’s an epistemological cartoon"

"We have wandered into a state of prolonged neurosis because of the absence of a direct pipeline to our unconscious."

"I don't believe consciousness is generated in the brain any more than television programs are made inside my TV. The box is too small. High consciousness is from our soul."

"Unexamined cultural values & limitations of language have made us unwitting prisoners of our own assumptions."

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soulthriller
post Dec 28 2012, 10:17 PM
Post #525

Satcitananda
Group Icon

In the end, we return to the question, just how much do you love truth? Do you really love truth or are you just curious? Do you love it enough to rebuild your understanding to conform to a reality that doesn’t fit your current beliefs, and doesn’t feel 120% happy? Do you love truth enough to continue seeking even when it hurts, when it reveals aspects of yourself (or human society, or the universe) that are shocking, complex and disturbing, or humbling, glorious and amazing – or even, when truth is far beyond human mind itself? Just how much do we love truth? It’s a good question to ask ourselves, I think. -Scott Mandelker

--------------------

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · Poetry and Writing · Next Newest »

23 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 07:04 AM